Monday 30 January 2012

White Rustic

Not my hands - the man practising his carving skills!


Just a quick post today to babble enthusiastically about my new breadmaker. It's AMAZING. On Saturday I was making roasted pumpkin soup and I wanted some buttered toast to go with it. I had the ingredients for a White Rustic loaf - 3 parts white and 1 part wholemeal. We were going out later in the afternoon so I put the machine on the rapid cycle (59 minutes) and crossed my fingers. The bread was ready before the soup was! After cooling it cut just like store-bought bread, and the flavour- oh my! Truly delicious. I always find that things taste better when you make them yourself, and this was no exception. I'm a breadmaker convert, and have plans for a weekly loaf, maybe even using the timer so the bread is ready first thing on a Saturday morning. Imagine that! I know, it's pretty much the most exciting thing I can think of too.

No comments:

Post a Comment