Wednesday 7 December 2011

Christmas Card Star



Got a spare 6 hours on your hands? Why not make a large spiky Christmassy star? I found this craft pattern here, a couple of years ago, and since then I have been hoarding all our old Christmas cards for this very project. I love the idea of recycling old Christmas cards, they are so beautiful (and some are so cheesy!) that they shouldn't be thrown away like any old rubbish. Another great idea would be to make Christmas tree ornaments out of them, or even a decorative paper chain.



Here are my little army of star points, twenty in all. I made  this over the weekend, and I think it took roughly 6 hours - not for the faint-hearted! (or impatient...) The end result was well worth it, very satisfying. Now all we need is a tree to hang it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment