Monday 5 December 2011

Merry Detox


I've been meaning to do a detox for about a year. I saw this detox plan in GOOP last year and really wanted to try it. The only trouble was it looked a bit fiddly and I didn't have a blender to make all the smoothies. So I thought I'd do my own version, focusing on cutting out dairy and sugar (my two best friends), and replacing my usual toast, cereal, cookies and cakes with fruit, nuts and vegetables. This is my meal plan for the week:

9am: Hot water with lemon
10am: Snack - Banana
11am: Snack- Nuts and dried fruit
12pm: Lunch - Either a healthy wrap filled with falafel and salad, or a quinoa, salmon and parsley salad.
3pm: Snack - Apple slices
7pm: Dinner - Miso soup with chilli, ginger, chopped vegetables and seaweed.

This is specifically tailored to my needs - for example I can't eat before 9am as I do yoga before work. Also, I need more snacks in the morning as that's when I'm hungriest. It's day two now and I'm feeling better than anticipated. I'll let you know how I get on!

PS: Sorry, no hair photos. I tried, but 15 minutes watching Youtube does not a hairdresser make. I'll keep working on my technique for the Christmas office party - 2 weeks and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment